SOCIALLY RESPONSIBLE COMPANY
At XO, we are committed to providing our customers with the best quality products, respecting the environment and constantly bringing positive change to our world.
For this reason, we have created our ESR (corporate social responsibility) policy around four axes: Ecological Footprint, Products, Customers and Human Rights
It is important to be in contact with the stakeholders, that is to say all the parties affected by our activities, this allows us to define what are the main impacts of XO, to reduce the negative effects and to maximize the positive. We invite you to contact us and engage in an interactive dialogue with us, ask questions and comment on our commitments. Help us improve!
Gradually reduce our ecological footprint by addressing the environmental impacts of our products one by one.
OUR ACTION PLAN
At XO HAVANA, we feel responsible and we understand the impact on the environment that our industry can generate. This is why we have taken radical measures, in 4 points, which we explain below.
Manufacturing and producing as close as possible to our customers.
In order to limit our carbon footprint as much as possible, we have decided to work with local companies for the manufacture and development of 80% of our products (packaging, assembly, storage, shipping, etc.). It also allows us to better control our product flow and to be much more responsive in delivery. We only use recycled materials for the manufacture of packaging (paper) and product presentation (natural wood). We import 100% recyclable plastic tubes and batteries that we recondition from a single supplier. The rest is produced locally.
Recycle at points of sale
We provide each point of sale that sells our products with a natural, glue-free wooden display. This display has a tank that we call “RECYBOX”, which allows users of the XO HAVANA cigar to return to the store to deposit their used cigars. We take care of the waste generated in the store and store it. Once we have enough waste, we send it to local recycling companies to ensure it is properly handled. Also we recover each battery which is reconditioned and reused.
We have set up a system for recovering used cigars from our customers who buy only on our website. From the 4th order and / or 200 euros of total purchase, our customers have the possibility of receiving an envelope and a prepaid shipping label with their next order, to send us their waste, these are processed locally from the same way as for our points of sale.
Participate financially in the repair and balance of the planet
We believe that industrialists and businessmen like us who use the planet's resources to satisfy commercial needs should bear part of the costs of "rehabilitating" the sectors affected by industrialization.
We are convinced that being able to continue consuming in the future can only be done responsibly and we have taken the initiative to donate a percentage of the value of each of the products we sell.
We have chosen to financially support the independent Leonardo DiCaprio International Foundation (LDF/Rewild - https://www.rewild.org/), which has acted for more than 20 years as a regulator of the planet and which must have the necessary means at the level of responsibility. The Rewild Foundation fights daily to protect geographical areas at risk, against the extinction of animal species and entire populations, which suffer from our daily consumption system. We believe that the more financially sound this foundation is, the more balanced the planet will be, which is why we have chosen to actively help it.
With this gesture that we consider today essential for the survival of the planet, we intend to weigh our environmental footprint but also and above all we want the large multinationals to join us in this process to quickly give the foundation the necessary means. to generate a big impact.
(Imagine, for example, an airline paying 20 euro cents to Rewild per seat sold, that would be a positive change!)
We pay monthly and in the most transparent way a sum for each product that we have sold. It is a voluntary donation and an initiative that every company could implement.
We consider it essential that any company having an impact on the environment and making financial gains takes responsibility by making a simple gesture that could radically change everyone's future.
Finally, here are the fixed amounts in US dollars that we donate to the foundation per product sold in each sales sector:
XO Cigar: $0.65
Cigar holder: $0.49
SALE IN STORES:
XO Cigar : $0.25
Cigar holder: $0.30
XO Cigar : $0.12
Cigar holder: $0.19
Continue to be the leader in the market, and to offer the best quality and the safest products.
OUR ACTION PLAN
- Offer a healthy alternative to cigarettes
- At XO we are committed to keeping you informed about medical studies on electronic cigarettes, to ensure that our products are safe for you and those around you. Below are recent medical studies.
- Our products are RoHS certified, a directive that limits hazardous components to six in the manufacture of electrical and electronic products. RoHS also takes care to keep very low the damage caused to the peoples and lands of the third world, which unfortunately often serve as a dustbin for technological waste. RoHS also brings very good social plans to employees in the electronics industry.
- SGS ensures that all manufactured products comply with European Union standards.
- And finally our products are CE certified, which means that they comply with the European Directives of consumer safety, health and environmental laws.
- Offer the most advanced technology possible
- XO is the newest and most innovative electronic cigarette technology, and we want to make significant investments in the development of this product, in order to always offer the best.
- Offer the best quality of liquid nicotine
- We have chosen our liquid nicotine from a recognized supplier and we work in agreement with them in order to present the best quality on the market. All of our liquid nicotine products have been medically tested and officially approved.
American Association of Public Health Physicists (2010) shows its support for electronic cigarettes and believes that the effects of passive smoking will be reduced through its use. To click here in order to download the complete document.
Researchers from Boston University School of Public Health (2010) concluded that the Electronic cigarettes are much less harmful than real cigarettes. Their level of carcinogens is 1000 times lower than that of real cigarettes. To click here in order to download the complete document.
Health New Zealand Ltd (2008 ) demonstrated that smokers smoke for the nicotine but do not die from it; they die because of the smoke. HNZ Ltd believes that society now needs to differentiate between very harmful smoking (traditional cigarettes) and safe smoking (e-cigarettes). The cartridge of the electronic cigarette does not contain carcinogenic levels of TSNAs, therefore cannot cause cancer. The “smoke” exhaled by the electronic cigarette smoker contains almost no nicotine and no CO, which does not represent any danger for the people around; electronic cigarettes are allowed in non-smoking areas. To click here to download the complete document.
To ensure that our customers are informed And satisfied .
OUR ACTION PLAN
- Inform our customers
- At XO, we want our customers to use our products safely, and to do so we want to inform them as best as possible, so that they find satisfaction in this new way of smoking. That's why we email them a health and safety charter each time they order one of our products. We have also included on our website a section dedicated to documentation, where they can find all the information they need.
- Protect our customers
- Give our customers the opportunity to comment on our products and our service
- At XO we are committed to meeting and exceeding our customers' expectations, and we want to be sure we are doing a good job, which is why we have set up a blog linked to our website, on which our customers can shares his comments at any time.
Gradually reduce our footprint by improving our impact on the environment.
OUR ACTION PLAN
- Minimize our packaging
- At XO we have designed the packaging of our consumables so as to use as few materials as possible while maintaining the same safety and quality standards. Upon receipt of the products ordered, our consumer realizes that all unnecessary packaging has been eliminated.
- Global warming is a problem that affects us all. We want to find solutions. Our goal for 2023 is to communicate more about our effective recycling system. Contact us and we will organize a collection by specialized carrier.
Respect for human rights
OUR ACTION PLAN
- A lasting relationship with our suppliers
- We have chosen our suppliers with care to manufacture our products, and in order to preserve the quality of our collaboration, we base our relationship on respect, communication, integrity and excellence.
- Create a common code of conduct
- We are responsible for the way we conduct our business, and even though some parts of our products are made by a third party, we want to make sure that the employees who make XO live in a healthy and fair environment, and for that we have created a code of conduct that respects these values and we only deal with suppliers who adhere to this charter. To click here in order to download it.